Click here to download the PDF Brochure for this product.
If unable to open the document, please
Click here to Install Adobe Reader on your computer. Once you have Adobe Reader, you
should be able to read any PDF document on this web site.
Radiotherapy departments can now take advantage of the cost savings and versatility of a
compact tabletop Compu•cutter® system.
The Compu•cutter® III is less than half the size of
its predecessor without sacrificing quality and accuracy. Available as a complete package or
as a single unit which can plug and play with your existing configuration. Huestis software is
compatible with any Windows® based O/S, allowing for
easy image manipulation, correction and cutting.
Compu•cutter® III is the next generation in the
Huestis Medical block cutting system. Radiotherapy teams worldwide have come to depend
on Huestis Medical for quality and cost effective radiotherapy products.
The Compu•cutter® III is a CE certified radiotherapy
shielding block cutter.
- Precision Acuracy
- Computerized, four-axis cutter ensures accuracy of ±1 mm.
- Built-in checks minimize operator error and time consuming
- Allows review of outline on monitor.
- Drawing package feature allows for easy image manipulation
- Cut path simulation prior to actual block cut.
- All functions and set ups are completely computer controlled.
- Radiograph printout verifies tracing.
- Template printout facilitates mounting shielding block on tray.
- Treatment Planning Interfaces
- Digitized block outlines can be easily transferred from treatment planning.
- Eliminates redundant input of block outlines from radiographs.
- Imported outlines may be cut immediately or stored for later use.
- Radiograph Digitizing (optional)
- Radiograph is aligned on crosshairs and traced with a digitizing mouse.
- Windows® based program
digitizes and stores data and patient files for easy reference or modifications.
- Easy input of patient/block information.
- Pre-set operational function keys.
- User may select any cut path to connect multiple
- Quick Modifications
- Ability to “flip” image for fast AP/PA or L/R lateral blocks,
or change any parameter without re-digitizing.
- Hot Wire Cutting
- Image can be moved to any position on the block
to allow for the conservation of styrofoam use.
- Fast .45 in/sec (1 cm/sec) cut speed.
- Cutter is safely enclosed in cutting bay.
- Adjustable temperature for variations in foam densities.
- Safety interlock for open door position.
- Custom defaults: S.F.D., S.A.D., S.T.D.
- Distance changes can be factored in after digitizing or TPS import.
- Determines smallest block required for shape or combination of shapes.
- Versatile Configurations
- Our full system for the
Compu•Cutter® III includes the cutter, computer, custom software,
printer, digitizer and an optional label printer.
- Our system can be purchased as a cutter and software package
only, to be used with existing peripherals in any radiotherapy department to reduce expenses.
- Easy Installation
- Footprint is smaller than our Styro•former®.
- Measures 30" (76.2 cm) tall x 15.75" (40 cm) wide x 30" (76.2 cm) deep,
weighs approximately 60 lbs