Click here to download the PDF Brochure for this product.
If unable to open the document, please
Click here to Install Adobe Reader on your computer. Once you have Adobe Reader, you
should be able to read any PDF document on this web site.
Renowned as the worldwide industry standard, more Styro•formers
are in use than all other shielding block mold cutters combined.
Styro•former® offers accurate, easy and fast cutting with
minimal training. A hand-held tracing stylus allows quick radiograph outlining to
provide a smooth and efficient block cutting procedure.
Our Styro•former® Power Lift LT features panel-mounted
drive controls for both source and block arm distances. A quick change wire system uses
unique thumb screws and a table-mounted measuring template for quick, easy wire changes.
Radiotherapy teams worldwide have come to depend on Huestis Medical for quality and
cost effective radiotherapy products. The Styro•former®
is FDA registered and CE certified.
- Acurate Cutting
- Manual tracing produces smooth, accurate cuts with minimal training.
- Accurate cuts save time and material.
- Verification light included.
- Rigid Box Frame
- Short cutting wire is kept tight in a rigid box frame to eliminate bowing.
- Never necessary to apply downward pressure to keep the wire tight.
- Rigid box frame ensures that cutting wire is
precisely aligned between the source point and block tray.
- Nichrome cutting wire fits into frame’s unique electro-mechanical bushings.
- Bushings hold wire with a flat grip, for long wire life and easy wire changes.
- FREE cutting wire for life of machine.
- Quick, Smooth Operation
- Spring-loaded,Teflon tracing stylus moves freely in every direction.
- Unhampered by limitations of an X or Y axis for complete maneuverability.
- Can be adjusted to any treatment machine for universal application.
- Work area remains stationary at a comfortable desktop working height.
- Free-standing table and calibrated column can be
placed in almost any small area without wall attachment.
- Standard Foam Block Holders
- Included holders position standard 8", 10" or 12"
(20.3, 25.4 or 30.5 cm) foam blocks
(maximum use: 16", 40.6")
- Power Lift LT
- Drive controls are panel mounted for quick, push-button height adjustments.
- Position measurements are easily read directly from the vertical column.
- Easily adjustable thumb screws allow quick cutting wire changes.
- Wire measuring template included.
- Convenient storage bin holds up to three tracing tips.
- Auto Boost Option
- Automatically boosts wire temperature to adjust for wire deflection.
- Simple switching system reroutes the current through
another circuit with its own potentiometer.
- Can be pre-set to minimize distortion and maximize productivity.
- Inexperienced operators can have limits set by a supervisor.
- Audio/visual alarm warns when too much pressure is applied by operator.
- Model SF 319-4 includes both Power Lift and Auto Boost options.
- Radiotherapy Accessories
- Low-melt alloy #158 or cadmium-free, medium-melt alloy #203.
- Precision-surfaced foam blocks.
- Convenient starter kits and other radiotherapy accessories available.